Walker Chapel United Methodist Church in Arlington, VA, is seeking a Soprano Staff Chorister. The Soprano Staff Chorister position supports Walker Chapel’s congregational choir at weekly Sunday worship services with occasional involvement with other church-related events. The Walker Chapel Choir regularly sings for Sunday services during the year with a six-week break during the summer. Current compensation is set at sixty dollars ($60) per call. Visit this link for complete information.
To apply, please contact Dawn Kyser, Walker Chapel Director of Music and Worship, at
Sydenstricker United Methodist Church in Springfield, Virginia is seeking to hire Chancel Choir Section Leaders.
SYDENSTRICKER UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 8508 Hooes Road, Springfield, VA 22153 703-451-8223 Chancel Choir Section Leader
POSITION: Chancel Choir Section Leader Reports to: Director of Music Effective: Jan. 1st, 2024
Directly Supervises: None
Status: 4-5 Hours per week FLSA: Exempt
Section leaders are responsible for leading a specific section of nonprofessional singers during regularly scheduled choir rehearsal, worship services and special occasions as decreed by the Director of Music Ministries to enhance the music ministry at Sydenstricker UMC. This position is scheduled from the beginning date of hire through the end of May 2024 and may vary depending on the schedule of the selected candidate.
- • Experience in small ensembles and in solo settings
- • Strong sight-singing ability
- • Ability to musically lead and carry a section
- • Flexibility in singing reasonable, alternative voice parts (soprano moved to alto in some settings, baritone to second tenor)
- • Either enrolled in or graduated with a music education degree, vocal performance degree, or similar degree with likewise credentials
- • Proficiency in singing in non-English languages (e.g., Latin, German, etc.)